The Twilight Games is a free programme of adapted sports for residents in care settings with the objective of enhancing the resident’s day to day life through increased mobility, coordination, mental health, well-being and increased social interaction.
To do this, a programme of adapted activities has been devised to accommodate for the range of abilities and levels of mobility amongst the residents. This also includes how the activities will help to support physical and mental coordination and increased mobility through exercise.
Why take part?
- Increased physical activity levels for residents
- Increased social interaction and improved mental wellbeing for residents
- Increases motivation to participate in the activities
- Increases vitality from being less sedentary
- Revises memories of being involved in sports in earlier years
- Promotes conversations with visitors as to what they have been doing
- Increases interaction between staff and residents
- Upskills the workforce through staff training
Once you’ve signed up to Twilight games, you will receive:
- A Twilight Games kit bag- containing the equipment to play the games.
- Instructional videos- You will be provided with a range of videos, with details on how to play the games, as well as how they can be adapted to meet the needs of your residents.
Any local Care Home or Care Setting can sign up to be part of the Twilight Games, please sign up by clicking on the button below.
Alternatively, Contact Luke Waterfield at L.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Twilight Games Sign Up